What this course is about
An organisation’s success depends on the ability of its people to co-operate, collaborate and work seamlessly, appearing to
What this course is about
An organisation’s success depends on the ability of its people to co-operate, collaborate and work seamlessly, appearing to the world as a single entity. This can be a major challenge. Pressures of time and money, internal structures, geographical distance, differing KPI’s and more – all serve as blocks to effective business relationship management and productive collaboration.
Also, to ensure that our people are aligned with the positioning and image of our company, our staff must buy-in on our image and brand before we can reach out to the external audiences like our clients, customers, investors and resources. Our staff are our brand partners and they need to be in part of the communications team. Participants will be exposed to critical internal communications keynotes.
This course, focuses on how to build trusted relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders that enhance an organisation’s relationship capital as well as platforms that can help achieve this. It also focuses on how the team can be harnessed to deal with crisis.
What you will learn
• Building rapport, trustworthiness and understanding
• Increase self-awareness
• Identify and embrace different working styles and personalities
• Understand who your stakeholders are – and the best ways to influence them
Who is it for?
- Organisations that need to build long-term, trust-based relationships.
- Team members involved in client and stakeholder facing work
- Internal support functions whose effectiveness is dependent on the quality of the relationships they have with those they work with and support
- Team members in the first few years of their internal communication career
- Individuals considering a career in internal communication or are working in a related field (e.g. media relations, event management, CSR or public affairs).
Principles of Internal Communications
• Strategic role of internal communications
• Principles of change management
• Rationale for investing in internal communications and business benefits
Effective Internal Communications - Employees as Your Ambassadors
• Building Better Work Relationships: New Techniques for Results-Oriented Communication
• Communicating Up, Down and Across the Organization
Internal Communication Platforms And Channels
• Internal communications systems and processes
• Internal projects and campaigns
• Online internal communications: intranets, internal blogs, social media
• Face to face: team meetings, staff events etc.
Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
• Conflict and Criticism
• Developing a crisis management team
• How to structure a crisis communications plan
• Managing Employees and Stakeholders
• Making tactical decisions under pressure
The courses use a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the facilitators and the participants, role plays (rehearsed and impromptu) individual and group feedback and post-classroom session online evaluation and mentoring sessions.
May 18 - 19, 2017...Less
No lesson present