What this course is about
Confident public speaking is an expected norm for today's executive.
This course is designed to help team members become more effective and confident public speakers. We will demystify the process of writing, practicing, and performing a clear and engaging speech, work through the unique traits of oral versus written communication, and learn how to prepare speeches that are easier to deliver orally and understand aurally.
One of the best ways to refine speech ability is through a close study of others' speeches. We will have a number of opportunities to examine and discuss sample speeches and speakers. Growing out of our analysis of speakers, we will discuss who can be held up as a model speaker and analyze what makes that speaker effective.
What you will learn
• Design and deliver basic arguments clearly
• Design and deliver informative presentations clearly
• Design and deliver complex arguments persuasively
• Speak confidently with appropriate rate, projection, movement, and vocal variety
• Evaluate and critique speeches insightfully
Who is it for?
- Top and mid-level management staff
- Team members with little or no public speaking experience who understand that public speaking skills are a key ingredient of success.
- Managers, executives or team members with prior public speaking experience who need to improve and learn new methods for achieving greater success.
Introduction to Public Speaking
• Becoming a Public Speaker
• Managing Speech Anxiety
• Analysing your Audience
• The Importance of Listening
Preparing your Speech
• Introductory speeches
• Informative speeches
• Persuasive speeches
• Special occasion speeches
Ethical Public Speaking
• Ethics and ethical standards
• Avoiding plagiarism
Using Presentation Aids in the Speech
• How to Turn Data Into Compelling Visual Presentations
• Types of Presentation Aids
• Functions of Presentation Aids
• Tips for Using Presentation Aids
April 20 - 21, 2017More