Working in Abuja, Nigeria, the Grants Manager will be responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of Creative’s subgrants. S/he will provide supervision and guidance to the contractual obligations of subgrantees. S/he will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party to ensure all subgrants are closely aligned with the overall program. The Grants Manager will also provide senior management support on all administrative, financial, and operational functions related to the implementation of the subgrants.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party or his/her designee.
- Analyze and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with DFID regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database;
- Provide direct technical support to the programs primary local NGO partner and sub-awardee;
- Coordinate closely with the DCOP and HQ grants support staff to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives;
- Instill a team-oriented environment among grants unit staff and develop grant unit staff capacity through individual mentoring and staff training; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in management position;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in managing large grants facilities in fragile contexts, preferably in West Africa;
- University degree in a relevant field desired, but not required;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment or security-challenged environments;
- Previous experience working in the region on transition programs in insecure environments is desirable but not required; experience working in Nigeria is highly desirable, but not required;
- Master’s degree in relevant field desired but not required.